Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Appreciation

It's coming towards the end of the year now and everyone is tired and grumpy and generally fed up. I was plodding through my day, cataloguing books in a typical afternoon zombie fashion and into the Library walks the ex-student coucil president. He comes up to the desk and says, "Hi Emma - this is for you" and hands me a box of chocolates. "It's a thank you for helping us out with supervision at the student parties this year." I was suitably stunned. Firstly, I had never thought that they would think to do something that nice and secondly only moments before I had been thinking about how nice it would be to have a piece of chocolate. It completely made my day. I was feeling a bit tired and generally fed up and just that one act of thoughtfulness has restored my good mood and belief that teenagers do think about others sometimes. A little bit of appreciation every once and a while goes a long way.

1 comment:

  1. How nice! If you crave chocolate, chocolate will come. Good that your contributions are appreciated is a tangible way.

    ReplyDelete