Monday, 22 March 2010

The terminal stupidity of teenagers

Sometimes I wonder if kids misplace their brains when they become teenagers. They seem to think that they can misbehave and then run off and the next day it is all forgotten. Well I don't forget and I've had to deal with several students over the last week who behaved appallingly and then the next day couldn't understand why I asked them to leave the library and not come back until after Easter. Then today I had one student reply to an email about an overdue book telling me to piss off. His first mistake was to write it down. I forwarded it to his tutor who is now on the war path. The word kill was mentioned. I really don't understand their attitude. I would hope that they wouldn't talk to their parents that way but maybe that's why they think that that kind of language or behaviour is acceptable, because they DO talk that way to their parents. What a sad state of affairs.

1 comment:

  1. According to an article in the New Scientist on Friday, teenagers lack a hormone (or perhaps they have a hormone) which inhibits their ability to learn. This might be an explanation.

    ReplyDelete