Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Joining the electronic age

I've finally done it! I've managed to buy some e-resources with the £5000 that the head of finance gave me. We are now subscribing to History Study Centre Online, Literature Online, Film and Sound Online, NewsFilm Online, Grove Art Online, Grove Music Online, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy and the American Chemical Legacy Archives. It's not a huge list but half of them are free and I'm looking for new ones all the time. I'm feeling very happy and I've been playing around with all of them so that I can teach people how to use them. It's nice to be able to make changes and upgrade the library service. I really feel like I've accomplished something.

Now, next challenge. Ask my line manager for a raise! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment