Wednesday, 29 July 2009

Half way through...

The room of books



We had a pile them all in one of the small offices because there was no where else for them to go. It's going to be fun putting them all back again!






















The walls have been painted a pale blue which is CONSIDERABLY more pleasant than the hideous yellow that was there before. Bob (head of estates) doesn't like it but I do and so does Abigail (one of the library staff). I think it makes the place feel calmer. The yellow always gave me a headache.

I think having seen the place yesterday (all the carpets have been ripped up), that it is unlikely that the library will be up and running in September. The staff don't start back until the first week in September and that's when Management want to use the library for registration etc. It's just not going to happen. I think I may have to email my line manager and tell him. That won't be a pleasant email. Anyway, I shall take more photos when I get back from holiday.

Adios until then! Hope you're all enjoying your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment