Thursday, 9 July 2009

Apologies for not writing in a while. What with work and studying and cricket I don't find much time to do anything else. But now that most of the students are gone and my days are filled with my proper work and less shushing I actually have some time to sit and get things done. Or at least I thought I would.

Really I brought this on myself so I shouldn't complain. But I'm going to anyway. I recently took a plan for minor redevelopment/refurbishment work to my line manager. After some toing and froing he came back to me and said that he agreed that the work was a good idea and that we could probably do it. Now knowing a bit about schools I figured I would have a year at least to plan cause nothing gets done straight away. Oh how I was wrong. It turns out the summer works plan is rather empty so they have decided to do all the work this summer. Well, it just so happens that in the intervening months between my predecessor leaving and me starting the girls in the library have worked so much overtime that they don't have to work this summer. This leaves the work force at 1..... me. I am at a point verging on a nervous breakdown as I am still trying to complete my coursework and I have to plan out all the work. All the books, tables, chairs, stuff on the walls, spinners, shelving units - basically everything that can't move, has to be taken out of the library. My head hurts just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment